From general practitioners, specialists and researchers, veterinary medicine caters to a wide range of career paths. Earn your DVM at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and be part of the dynamic, ever-changing field of animal medicine.
Learn about requirements for admission to Ross Vet and the process of applying to veterinary school.
Application Quick Facts:
- You can apply using our simple online application or submit your VMCAS application
- Start veterinary school when you’re ready: Ross Vet has three start dates per year in January, May, or September
- Applications are accepted throughout the year for all upcoming semesters
Reasons to Consider RUSVM
- Students learn in a culturally distinct environment in St. Kitts, allowing for a global perspective and unique research opportunities
- Our DVM program is AVMA accredited
- Qualified students are eligible for US federal direct loans
- Clinical training is available in the US, Canada, and in international locations
- Combined degree opportunities
What We Look For
We use a holistic approach to admissions. While we do consider your GPA, GRE, and academic performance when making an admissions decision, we look at much more: your knowledge of the veterinary profession, personal character, interpersonal skills, motivation, exposure to animal medicine, and other qualities.
When I had my interview with [Ross Vet], I knew they could see I believed in myself and that nothing was going to stop me from achieving my dream.– Erika Blanco, DVM Student
Ross Vet applicants generally fit the following profile
- 3.14 average enrolled GPA*
- 301 average enrolled GRE*
If you're interested in applying to Ross Vet, find out more about our admissions requirements, or attend one of our live information events, which are held several times throughout the year in the US and Canada.
Students who aren't directly admitted but who may be good candidates after further coursework may be offered admission to our Vet Prep Program.
If you have other questions, contact our admissions team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 855-ROSSVET (855-767-7838)—we will be glad to help in any way we can.
*Statistically representative of directly admitted students from 2014-2015